Here are 10 leadership tips and tricks that got Peyton Manning to the highest level of accomplishment in his field and applicable to any leader, anywhere.
1. Don’t be a leader that is just a facade or a nameplate on the door.
2. Sense things other people do not, and make sure you have the guts and resources to act on what you’re sensing.
3. Devote yourself to intense preparation.
4. Invest in a coach. It doesn’t matter how seasoned anyone is, everyone can use a coach to point out what works, but more candidly, what doesn’t.
5. Find a way to instill trust in others.
6. Don’t be afraid to recognize when it’s time to draw a new baseline. Don’t be afraid of change.
7. Become a master observer. Identify the things that have the greatest meaning.
8. Your personal goals should directly and positively impact the team goals.
9. Have the assurance and swagger of a winner, but never be convinced that your accomplishments are made alone.
10. Don’t get comfortable. It’s all about finishing.