If you have talent, you need teamwork to maximize it. If you are short on talent, you need
teamwork to overachieve.
- Lead your teammates. A player led team will always outperform a coach led team in the long run.
- Elevate your teammates. If you aren’t making your teammates better, you are making them worse.
- Care for your teammates. You don’t have like everyone on your team, but you do have to care about them.
- Trust your teammates. You have to trust that your teammates know, accept and embrace their role.
- Discipline your teammates. You need to hold yourself and your teammates to a high standard.
- Back your teammates. A team is a family. Would you let someone pick on your little brother or sister?
- Challenge your teammates. Appropriate competition amongst teammates brings out the best in everyone.
Successful organizations are not built with extraordinary people. They are built with ordinary people doing extraordinary things together.